Pre-registration is REQUIRED for all classes.
To register for classes, please use our Online Registration Form or you can print out our form (.pdf) and mail with check, money order or Mastercard/Visa number to the address on the form. If you have questions, call 215-248-0546 ext. 3. Classes will run only if enough students register. If you are registered for a class and it does not run, you will be notified of the cancellation and your class fee will be refunded. Otherwise, assume the class is running. Please pre-register! Registration deadline for all classes is 3 business days prior to the first class. Please note that some classes are run by other companies who do their own registration.
Tuition payments are due the 1st of the month and there is a $5 fee for late payments. Classes are not pro-rated and monthly tuition is always the same. All missed classes must be made up in another class.
Dance with Kim Williams
NOTE: Dance Program classes (instructor Kim Williams) run continously throughout the year.
Classes for the fall 2013 semester will begin on September 7, 2013.
All Class notifications (class cancelations, holidays and performances) will be done via email
7:00 – 8:45 pm: Teen & Adult Intermediate/Advanced Ballet IV (plus pointe)
5:00 - 5:50 pm: Toddler Tap & Ballet (ages 3 – 5) - Sorry: There is currently a waiting list for this class. Please register (without payment information) and put "waiting list" in the comments section to place your child on the waiting list. We will contact you when a space becomes available. We will notify you of an open space by email.
6:00 - 7:00 pm: Ballet I & II (ages 6 and up)
7:00 - 8:00 pm: Teen/Adult Beginner/Intermediate Ballet III
8:00 - 9:00 pm: Teen/Adult Jazz and Tap
9:00 – 9:50am: Toddler Tap & Ballet (ages 3 – 5) - Sorry: There is currently a waiting list for this class. Please register (without payment information) and put "waiting list" in the comments section to place your child on the waiting list. We will contact you when a space becomes available. We will notify you of an open space by email.
*Students are placed in these classes by instructor
10:00 – 11:00 am: Ballet I (ages 6 and up)
11:00 – 12:00 am: Ballet II*
12:00 – 12:45 pm: Tap I & Tap II*(in different classes)
1:00 – 2:15 am: Ballet III*
2:15 pm – 3:00 pm: Jazz & Hip Hop (ages 8+)
3:00 – 4:45 pm: Balllet IV* plus pointe
- Classes run continuously through early June. Students may join at any time.
- Work/Study Scholarships available. Please call for more information.
- Classes are not pro-rated; there are no refunds for missed classes. They must be made up in another class.
- Fees are due the first class of each month. There is a $5 fee for late payments.
- Girls Ballet – pink tights, black or pink leotard, and pink ballet shoes. (+tap shoes for tap). A class skirt in pink or black may be worn. No tutus or sequin costumes. Hair must be pulled back off the face in a short ponytail or bun.
- Boys Ballet – black stretch pants or tights, white T-shirt, white socks and black ballet shoes.
- Tap Class – leotard & tights and tap shoes.
- Jazz and Hip Hop – Any color loose fitting exercise outfit or dancewear with sneakers or jazz shoes. NO JEANS OR CLUNKY SHOES!
- Teen/Adult: Any color dancewear and ballet shoes. No baggy clothes.
Tap for Adults
Instructor: Timothy Yue
Develop your rhythmic skills with Philadelphia low, fast hoofing, which was created on the city's streets in the 1930s. This session we'll focus on great classic tap pieces from the Legendary LaVaughn Robinson, and blues from Howlin' Wolf. Especially useful for musicians. (Tap shoes required.)
Sundays, 12:30 – 1:30 pm Cost: $50 per month
Classes starts in September and run continously throughout the year.
Register for this class
Classes from other companies - hosted at Allens Lane Art Center
(Birth - 5 years)
Presented by The Music Class
Instructor: Claire Drake
Music Pups features fun music and movement classes for young children with a parent or caregiver. Families receive a CD and songbook with a broad variety of sounds and activities designed to stimulate musical learning. Mixed age classes are developmentally appropriate and allow siblings to enjoy class together.
Mondays, Thursdays or Fridays, 9-30 – 10:30 am
10 sessions - See the registration link below for class schedules.
To register for this class, please visit www.themusicclass.com/philadelphia
or call The Music Class at 215-701-0594
Get in the swing with Swing Dance classes that begin on Wednesday, September 18. All classes at Allens Lane Art Center with instruction by Ret Turner and Peggy Leiby.
Dates: Wednesdays, Sept 18, 25, Oct 2, 9 (to be followed by another 4-session series, dates t.b.a.)
- Swing Basics: 7 - 8pm- Get hoppin’ and boppin’, jumpin’ and jivin’, and generally in the Swing. The course will cover the basics and beyond of East Coast style swing, then go into easy-to-learn and popular swing moves that you’ll find yourself enjoying on the dance floor
- Intermediate Swing: 8:15 - 9:15pm - Expand your repertoire of cool swing moves & develop your partnering skills--and just have some fun! Material will include Lindy-style triple-step patterns.
Fee is $40 (4-classes) or $12 (single session). Registration form.
Questions?: email: email@example.com or call 215-643-4397 or see Mostly Waltz class page.